Saturday, July 15, 2017

Day 1 Christmas in July - Catch the bug

Saturday July 15, 2017
 
Its day 1 of Christmas in July at Catch the bug..
 
It's a week long fun filled challenges. There's prizes to be won.. Who doesn't love free images??
 
Today to start our challenge.. The theme is make your card
Sparkle or Shine or both..



I used the image Snowbirds . I first used a dark blue card stock and Stampin Up snowflake stamps. I heat embossed in white..  I then took my Wink of Stella glitter pen and went all over the dark blue to give it sparkle.. The white embossing powder gives it shine.. I then colored the image with copics. I added glitter to the snow and to the snow flakes falling behind the image. I then added glitter to different parts of the snowflakes on the dark blue. I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment and added glitter to the sentiment snowflake. I used a My Favorite Things oval die.
 
 
                     
 
 
This is a close up of my card.. on the right side you can see the Wink of Stella on the dark blue. The glitter on the snow and few places on the snow flakes.  Plus the shinny white embossing..
 

 
Challenges:
Artistic inspirations #183 - anything goes/opt. summer colors
Deep ocean #159 - Christmas in July
Penny's paper-crafty #337 - anything goes
Creative moments #122 - anything goes/opt. Christmas in July
Word art Wednesday wk. 290-291 - anything goes
Art impressions #212 - bling/glitter or glossy
Crimbo crackers #136 - anything goes
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas #342 - anything goes/opt. die cut
Sweet stampin - Christmas in July
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

I love your snowy-sparkly card Billie. Super cute and festive!
Hugs,
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Bugaboo DT Teamie

Migdalia said...

He is just adorable!! Wonderful job!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Sue Crease said...

Super cute.

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful Christmas card Billie, love the pretty snowflake background. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Monika Reeck said...

I adore that snowflakes stamp
sooo beautiful love love loveeee...I must look that stampin up stamp snowflakes
the image is cute and lovely colors too Billie
so sweettt winter card

anne said...

Lovely Christmas card thank you for sharing it at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge
Anne DT

Jean said...

Oh wow what a lovely card, such a cute image.
Thanks for joining us over at PENNY'S.
Jean xx

Unknown said...

Your snowflakes rock with sparkles! I love you happy snowman design and the sentiment is very interesting :) I agree! A snowflake is winter's butterfly...Thank you for entering this in Artistic Inspirations Challenges! Please also visit Paper Craft Happy Challenges! - DT Noemi

Cass said...

Super cute card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 342 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too x

Cara said...

Oh goodness , this is such a fun Christmas card, love the image and the snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Hope to see you again. Cara DT x

ELE said...

Sweet card, thanks for joining us for our Creative Moments Challenge
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs,
creativEle DT

Tip Top said...

Great card! Thanks for entering Crimbo Crackers - hope to see you again next time!