Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 3 of Monika and Billie background - Butterflies and stripes

Monday March 16, 2015
 
Week 3 is Monika's choice and it's  BUTTERFLIES AND STRIPES
 
I knew what I wanted to do when she mentioned the butterflies and stripes.. It was trying to decide which butterfly to use. I have quite a few because it's a favorite image. I chose Taylored Expressions butterflies and sentiment. I masked them and then used my stripes by My favorite things and stamped the green over the masked butterflies.  I think I should of probably used a mouse pad or something under the card so it would of stamped better around the masking. I don't know if it would of helped or not. But I am happy with the layout of the card and colors.
 
I hope you make it over to Monika's blog Creative with Monika and see her butterflies and stripes card. Give her some love..
 

Challenges:
Word art Wednesday #174 - atg
Simon Wednesday - things that fly
That's crafty - wings and things
Stamp sun #136 - atg
My time to craft #283 - for a special lady
Suzy bee's bloomin #71 - atg/twist- spots and or stripes
Addicted to CAS - green
Come and get it - make your own background

recipe: white su card stock, te butterflies and sentiment, stripes mft, su ink





8 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Your idea to masking is super Idea and your color combo so spring feeling and I am jealous your butterfly stamp sooo adorable...beautifully made my friend and...you are top three at Amusing challenge Green with your Bokeh card yaaaay for you...lucky Billie with your super great Bokeh card..hugs...

bonnie32002 said...

I am enjoying the challenge with Monika...and great design! I'm off to Look what Monika made.

Pia S said...

I think the stripes add a feeling of movement of the butterflies, it's a really great effect. Classy card!

Lin said...

Beautiful butterflies, Billie and perfect for our Things that Fly challenge! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Crafty Judith said...

Morning and fabulous make hun and just the job for our challenge at Suzy Bee's crafty hugs Judith DT x

Camille Short said...

What a cute group of butterflies!

Jo Ann said...

This is great...The colors and the masking were wonderfully executed. We are so blessed that you joined our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday last week. We started a new Challenge today and will be delighted for you to come back and link up once more. Leaving you with this encouraging Word of God in Romans 15:4 and it says, "For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." Have a great week.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

MagsB said...

What a gorgeous CAS card! Such clever masking! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

love Mags B x