Saturday, July 20, 2013

Unscripted Sketch #220 - happy birthday

Saturday July 20, 2013
 
Unscripted Sketch #220 -  To play along just follow the sketch and link to the US site. You can turn the sketch, make a card, scrapbook page, framed project. Just have fun
 
 This is the card I made using the sketch. I decided to use my washi tape for the left side of the card, and then a punch strip to give it a different look than just straight tape I added dots of glossy accents to give it some dimension.  The background behind the cupcake was stamped with the Simon Says stamp set that came in the SimonSays monthly kit. I had a piece of dp scrap ring and so put the twine through the whole, cut out the yellow circle which is a stamp in the kit and then layered the cupcake on top. Which is also part of the stamp set.. All inks are Quick Quote inks. This was a fun stamp set I used a lot of the stamps from the set. Also did glossy accents on the cherry and the heart.. (I had a finger smug on the cupcake wrap so hence the heart to cover it)

challenges:
Paper Shelter #121 - C&S
Crafty Sentiment - female birthday card
Crafty CardMakers #96 - happy birthday
The Squirrel and the Fox #48 - use something on a spool

recipe: bazzill, sw white, dcwv, washi tape, quick quote scrap, ms punch, simon says cup cake party set, baker twine, quick quote ink, memento ink, diamond glaze




12 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

So cute love the papers Ginny x

Karen Letchworth said...

Billie: I always SO ENJOY seeing all the sweet cards on your blog, and I am very grateful to have you take the time to stop over and share with us. Your creativity always impresses me and I thank you for joining us again this week.
God bless you!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Lin said...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous card with us. So many pretty papers!

Lin xx
Crafty Cardmakers

~ Jo ~ said...

Very cute card! Love the use of the washi!

Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Caz said...

This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments..And good luck.

Caz xx

Tanya said...

great card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!

Elena V. said...

It's so cute!

fionalawlor said...

Fab card! I love the bright colours that you have used :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our Birthday challenge.
Fiona x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Mmmm your card looks very yummy! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter, Susan x

Meggymay said...

Super card, lovely bright colours. Thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
Yvonne

Laura Love said...

This is such a cute card! I love the bright colors! Thank you so much for playing along at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

Linda said...

What a wonderful card, I just love that cupcake.
Thanks for playing along with us at The Squirrel & The Fox, I hope we’ll see you again next fortnight!
Hugs,
Linda xox
squirrelsnippets.blogspot.com